Thursday, May 31, 2012
Where babies come from.
OK, I know 2 posts in one day is not going to happen often, but I had to share this adoption related story. For the past 2 months, we have had my sister and her newborn baby as guests in our house. We love having a tiny baby in the house, and we have all embraced our new family. We will be sad when my sister leaves to be reunited with her husband after his 9 month deployment in Afghanistan. Ainsley has been very observant over the last several months, having seen my sister very pregnant, and then a brand new baby arriving. We have also been talking about the adoption with the kids. Ainsley went with us yesterday to meet another family who have a little boy they adopted about a year ago from China. All of this has contributed to her understanding of where babies come from. I love the four year old brain. So today, she comes downstairs with her baby Grace doll under her shirt and she tells me she is going to have a baby and the baby is going to be from China. I just grin and don't feel like explaining the birds and the bees, so she believes that is where babies come from. She fell asleep in the car with the baby still under her shirt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment