Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Summer Blues

So is it really already August 14th?  I'm sorry, where did my summer go?  We go back to school on the 29th of August.  That date has snuck up on me and I am so disappointed our summer is going to end that soon.  I have loved having my sweet kiddos home.  They are really fun to hang out with, as long as I am not making them practice piano, then they are kind of sour.  But they are still going to practice, and I don't care how annoyed they are with me.  I have never met an adult that has said, "Man, I wish my parents hadn't made me learn to play the piano", but I have met a lot that wished their parents had encouraged them to continue.  The big boys are working on duets together right now. They struggle a bit working together, but I think it is encouraging them to work together as a team.
So, since I last posted, we have been busy.  Weird, huh?  I just returned from Dallas, where I was attending MOPS convention.  For those of you that don't know, MOPS is Mothers of Preschoolers.  I have been involved with the organization for about 7 years, and this year I am working with a really good friend to coordinate our group.  Convention was fantastic, and I learned a lot to bring back to our group.

This was the sunrise from Dallas/Fort Worth Airport when I was coming home Sunday morning.  It was beautiful.


Just a little advertising.  I was given a free box of these if I would post the picture on Facebook.  Well, I thought I would post it here.  So there you go.


We saw Matthew West in concert.  He was awesome.  I can hardly remember all the great speakers and musicians we heard this year. 

Mike took the kiddos to Grandpa Kelly's for the weekend.  They had a great time there.  They always love time at Grandpa's.  I got home at 12:30 Sunday, then Mike headed out for Boise at 6:00.  I think we will see each other tomorrow.  My good husband, who cares for my sweet kids and then works so hard providing for us.  I love him.  I have been joined with him for 16 years now.  The time has gone quickly, but I have enjoyed it so much.  He is my best friend, and I thank God he is my husband.  While I was in Dallas on our anniversary, he was in Ellensburg taking sentimental pictures around town and sending them to me.  It was very sweet.

We are getting down to the last few steps of the adoption process.  We are waiting for our Article 5 to be picked up in China, then we will be waiting for Travel approval.  Mike and I hope to be traveling mid September.  We are so excited to bring home our baby.  We are disappointed with the lack of information we have received about her, but we will forget all of that when we finally have her in our arms.  We just pray the process moves quickly from here on.  We pray we get an extremely quick travel approval and are able to travel right away.  Be ready Grandma, your time for caring for the kiddos here, is quickly approaching.

Today, Nicci and I ran up to Trader Joes for a quick shopping trip.  Ainsley was so sticking adorable, I had to snap a picture.  She claims that she is a mom because she has a purse and some sunglasses.  I think she is so cute, I can hardly stand it.  She isn't wearing her sunglasses, but they looked super cute too.  Just had to share.

Well, good night all.  I feel a spurt of organization coming on.  I may stay up awhile and finally get my desk organized.  I think I could be nesting.

No comments: