Thursday, January 10, 2013

3 months home

I was looking back at pictures from our trip to China.  I can't look at them without tears in my eyes.  I love to see how much our baby has changed, but it is painful to remember how neglected and scared she was.  People constantly ask me if she is adjusting to us and if she is attaching OK.  I want everyone to know, she seems to be doing just fine.  She looks for me to hold her for comfort and when she is grumpy.  She looks for me in the crowd if she has gotten adventurous and walked away from her family.  She comes to me when she gets hungry, knowing I will have food for her.  She knows that she can come to me after she has thrown a fit, and I will hug her and let her know I love her.  She is so typical of our other nearly two year olds.  I love to see normal emotion and light in her eyes.  She still has rough nights.  She still tries to comfort herself, forgetting that is what Mommy is here for.  I hope someday, she will forget what it felt like to be alone.

 Wyatt and Ainsley doing horse surgery.



 Trying to get the two girls sitting together and looking at the camera proved to be a challenge.


 Hey, you are my cousin!!!!!

 This is how we warm up in January.  

 Just a cute pic of my little one.



We have hit a slight lull in our schedule.  Brandt has taken a week off with a snowboarding injury, so we haven't had to run him to basketball, soccer or piano yet this week.  We are heading back in to the doc to see if he might have broke his wrist.  That would loosen our schedule for a bit longer.  Blessings in accidents.  I hope he isn't broken, but I know he will heal quickly and be back at it before too long.  We have moved into the time of year when we all get cabin fever.  The snow is old and no fun outside, so we are forced to stay inside more.  I hope to get us back to the mountain before too long, but it is looking like a cold weekend.  It is this time of year I become very dissatisfied with where I live.  I need to be outside to keep my sanity, so this time of year I struggle.  Snowboarding helps, so hopefully I will be able to get out there this weekend.  I am teaching Ainsley to ride this year and she is doing excellent.  Wyatt is learning to carve.  Brandt and Holden are awesome and having a great season, other than the wrist injury.

1 comment:

LAURA said...

You have such a precious family! You are the umpteenth Mama I've talked to this week that is SO OVER winter! I love all 4 seasons and we definitely play hard outside and love the snow. But seriously, I am done. Maybe it's the bitter cold? So sparkly and pretty out but no fun to play in when you can't feel your toes;) PS I just adore Holden, you can give him to us if you get bored of him;) hugs, Laura