Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Everything Changes

So, we are officially living in Gig Harbor.  I would not have imagined even 6 months ago this is where we would be right now.  We are living in a quiet little neighborhood, in Gig Harbor, renting a house for the first time in 13 years, starting in a new school, looking for a new church, and the changes go on.  The last post, I referred to a teaching position I was pursuing.  Well, it looks like I will be teaching middle school science, part time at my kids' school next year.  Every single piece to the puzzle has amazingly fallen into place.  I prayed God would make it easy for me to accept the position.  I prayed it would only work out smoothly, or it was not where God wanted me.  Well, it has slipped into place almost without effort.  The interview went well, the daycare on campus has made a place for Grace, and we just interviewed a caregiver for Ainsley, when she doesn't have school on Friday mornings.  Everything has worked out, and I know God has set this up for me.  I am scared of starting something new, but that is just my personality.  I am going to have to rely on God and know He has prepared me for this.  Sometimes the path we end up on is in a completely different direction than where we intended to go, but it is exactly where we are supposed to be.
Grace is doing wonderful.  She is picking up new sounds every day.  She uses the word "no" like she has been saying it for years.  Always in context and exactly when she should be saying yes, so exactly like every other 2 year old.  She also loves to scream "Mom" from the back seat of the car. Not just "Mom", but "Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom" until I physically turn around and look at her.  Not always possible when I am driving, so I end up hearing it a lot.  She has also developed a real dislike of being separated from  her mom and dad.  She refused to go to childcare at church, so she has heard some stimulating sermons by our great pastor Kyle, only adding comments occasionally.  Thankfully Kyle pretends not to hear.  Last week I had to grab her as she was running towards the stage where Daddy was playing in the worship team.  She is so much fun, and so full of energy.  I look back at the pictures from October and it feels like years have passed, not just months, though we are nearing 9 months.  We can't really picture life without her anymore.  Like right now, she is attempting to "help" me write my blog.  If you see any typos, I will just blame her.
The rest of the kids are good.  Mike is putting together their springfree trampoline right now.  It is a tool I will be using regularly to burn the extra energy they all seem to possess.  I may take a turn or two as well, because it is just plain fun.  Brandt has joined a soccer team here and he likes the kids he is playing with.  It has been a good experience for him, and I think it will make the transition smoother.  Holden will be trying out for a team next week.  I am looking into gymnastics, ballet, and now riding lessons, because my sweet daughter just "dreams" about riding horses.  I hope to join the Y and get the kids in swim lessons, and fill the rest of our summer with fun and getting to know our community.  We can already see how nice it is to have Mike home more.  He went to work today, but is home now, and will be able to sit down to dinner with us.  It is going to be such a blessing.  We are looking forward to spending a couple days with my sister for the 4th, then over to Ellensburg for a bit.  Mike's dad passed away very suddenly a few weeks ago.  We are working through that as well and holding onto the belief that we will come through this stronger.  God is good and His plan is perfect.  When we start to analyze every single day and lose track of the big picture, we can easily become buried in our circumstances.  He has the big picture, we don't.  We won't understand until we are standing with him in Heaven.  He is amazing and we know he works all things (yes, all things) out for good for those who believe in Him.  We cling to that everyday and just keep walking in faith.

So it looks like I haven't uploaded pictures for awhile.  I will include more with my next blog.  Here are a couple of Ainsley on her recital day.




And this was Mike's father's day present.

1 comment:

Lindh Family said...

It must be wonderful having everyone at the dinner table each night. So glad for y'all that this is coming together.