Sunday, February 17, 2013

Just the seven of us

Life continues.  We are a family of seven and I no longer panic when I think about that.  It is funny how now, when Mike offers to take two kids, I am like, "awesome, I only have three".  It is cute to realize that we used to think it was tough with just our little Brandt.  I giggle now when I have just one, feeling like I am getting away with something.  Controlled chaos is what we now live.  It is exciting most of the time.  This afternoon as we were getting out of the car at AWANA, Grace was on the verge of letting go of her stomach contents, fighting a stomach bug, when all of a sudden, Holden is falling out of the car on his head.  Interesting.  Well, I checked him out to make sure he didn't have a concussion, I am quite good at that now, and while I was checking on him, Ainsley wasn't paying attention to where she was going and she ran into a sign.  I couldn't help but just start laughing.  I hope Ainsley didn't see me, because she will need counseling, "why did my mom laugh when I got hurt?", but it was so ridiculous that I couldn't help myself.  It was crazy.  We made it into AWANA with no further incident.  Mom of the year.  
We celebrated Grace's 2nd birthday last week.  We also had her "introduced" at our church, which is very similar to dedication, but our church doesn't dedicate babies.  It was so neat to have so many family and friends there supporting us in that moment.  It has been a journey to bring Grace to her family, and it has been amazing to have the support that we have had.  Through encouragement, prayer or any of the other ways we have been supported, we have learned what a neat "family" we have.  We have learned that family includes those that are related, and those that you choose to keep close as dear friends.  Grace wore the same dress that I was dedicated in, and that Ainsley was dedicated in.  My mom made it for me, so it was very sentimental.  She was so sweet.  After church, we came home and had others join us for a celebration of Grace's second birthday.  Ainsley kept going around telling everyone it was her first birthday, which was true, because it was her first birthday she ever had celebrated.  And boy did she celebrate.  She loved her cake and she enjoyed opening her presents.  It was fun and it was great to get together with those we love.  We are approaching the date of her second surgery.  I am dreading it a bit.  I don't want to see her in pain, and we are told the palate surgery is tougher than the lip.  She is wanting to communicate so badly, it will be nice if she is able to make all the necessary sounds to make words.  She has picked on a number of signs, but she still resorts to screeching to get what she wants.  We can't wait until she can find her voice and communicate with less screaming.  
 Wyatt at his first basketball game of the year.
 Party time
 Yum, I like cake.
 Thanks Mom and Aunt Pat for being here.
 Birthday dinner at Red Robin.
 We took the girls to the Ag show and they climbed the tractors.
 Ainsley likes to steal my phone and take random pictures.
 Decorations for the party
 Two year pictures.
 Daddy and Ainsley working on AWANA
 Grace in the hand me down dedication gown.
We head out for vacation in a week.  We are going to unplug and relax and spend some quality time as a family.  We are ready for a big break, that we don't have to worry about schedules or homework or practices.  It is going to be fabulous.  

No comments: