Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Another month

Wow has life been crazy, blah blah blah (Hotel Transylvania reference).  It is the same story every time I sit down to write.  Where has the time gone?  How could it already be the middle of April?  What have we been doing to make the days go by so fast?  Well, the answer to the last question is quite simply, keeping up with 5 kids.  Four kids were busy.  We had a lot of activities, and we had a lot to do around the house.  When number 5 entered, it took the busyness up exponentially.  I am finally starting to get a routine and a system, but it has take the full 6 months since we came home.  That's right, six months.  We are six months home with our sweet princess.  We just passed our 6 month home study, and our social worker was very happy with how she is adjusting.  It is really funny, because both Mike and I just scratch our heads at the necessity of these home visits.  She feels like our baby, just as much as any of the others.  It seems weird to have to visit with our social worker so often, when no one ever follows up after a child's birth with biological parents.  Maybe they should, but that is  a political and emotional road I am not going down today.  I just think it is neat how God has worked in our hearts and baby girl's heart to fit us together so completely.  I love adoption and all it is teaching me and showing me is possible.  I am started to get a stirring in my heart that there is more that I can do.  I know I will be praying about it and I know God will show me, but I am blown away by all adoption has done in my life, and I can't keep it to myself and I can't pretend that I am the same as I was six months, one year, even a year and a half ago when we first started the process of adoption.  I am excited and scared to see where this leads me.
We are having a glorious time keeping our house show ready and on the market.  We are getting a slow but steady stream of lookers, and we are feeling more and more comfortable with the fact that God is in control of even this.  I have a routine I go through every morning to make sure the house is ready in case I can't come back before it needs to be shown.  I have to set an alarm for the first time in forever so I can get everything done before we have to head out the door to school.  The kids are getting older, and don't wake up the second they hear me moving about.  I have been able to get myself ready, and start breakfast and lunches before I hear the first stirrings from upstairs.  That probably means I could set my alarm for a little earlier and actually get my run done in the morning, but wait, I hate early morning.  Guess I will see if I can get myself motivated.  Last night I was so tired, Brandt told me I needed to go to bed.  And that was at 8:00.
Tomorrow is Grace's second surgery.  She will be having the roof of her mouth, or palate, repaired.  After the repair is healed, she should be able to start talking.  She is desperate to let us know what she wants.  She is a sponge when it comes to learning signs, and she is amazing at remembering and using them.  We are so impressed with how smart and well adjusted she is.  It kind of throws the baby Einstein theory out the window.  She has caught up in so many ways, I just sit and watch her sometimes.  She loves her sister and is constantly following her around.  Big sister is so good with her, most of the time.  When big sis is gone, Grace goes around signing her sister sign.  She likes to know where her people are.  She asks all the time where Daddy is, and seems to accept it when I say he is at work.  She is so much a part of our family, it is like she has always been with us.
Ok, so we spent a great spring break in Seattle and at my sister's house.  I enjoyed my time away, not having to worry about keeping the house perfect.  It is also nice to be back home.  We are going to enjoy our time left here.  It is going by too quickly.
 Wyatt's 7th Birthday
 Ferry ride from Bainbridge Island.  The kids loved it.
 Ainsley holding her new baby cousin, Menolly
 Grace enjoyed dyeing Easter eggs
 The big boys were so good at helping Grace find Easter eggs
 Easter egg hunt at the park
 Family Easter picture
 Grace loves the swing
 Fun park time
 Bremerton
 Point Defiance Zoo

No comments: