Baby girl has successfully had her palate repaired. The doctor came out and said it went perfect. Pretty great words to hear from a doctor. For the last two weeks she has healed. When she first came out of surgery, she was very angry. I guess the anesthesiologist got the look of death when she first woke up. She was in a lot of pain. She was glued to me for the first 24 hours. We were able to manage her pain with very minimal drugs, and she started eating and drinking right away, so we were able to go home the next day. Her mouth looked like hamburger, but I guess that is what they were going for. When we got home, she was very selective in what she wanted to eat, but kept asking for crackers. She is still on cracker restriction until next week, so I have had to disappoint her many times. Crackers and cereal are her favorites, and they don't fall within the soft foods diet she is on until next Tuesday. I am sure it is not the last time I will disappoint her. The doctor was very happy when we went in to see her Tuesday and confirmed that she is healing very nicely. She has been such a trooper. Like I said, she was angry in the beginning, but she has come back nicely. I always have a fear that the procedure with alter her sweet little personality, but praise God, it is only a temporary change. She is very spicy, but she was spicy before. She knows what she likes and she knows how to get it. She has acquired a very loud squeal thanks to the surgery and it has become a very valuable tool for her to get our attention. So many times she is practicing sounds with her new palate, and it reminds me of the babies as they are starting to babble. It is so cute.
The rest of the fam is good. We are gearing up for Bloomsday. Fun day for all. We are also planning on taking a trip over to the dark side to visit schools and start deciding where we are going to live. We are still sitting on our house here. We haven't had anyone offer to take it off our hands yet, but we are trusting God has a plan. We have had a good stream of people looking, so it must look good online. If you have anyone that would be interested in a house in Spokane, let me know. We have set a date for ourselves to end our commitments here. We continued to make plans, knowing we have to move sometime, but putting it off. We will finish with the kids activities on June 18th, with a trip back over for hoopfest. Life is scary, but I know God is walking with us, and His plans are marvelous. I will repeat over and over again that I trust in Him, and I know He has a plan. I want my family together. I want my husband to see his kids on a regular basis. I want a husband that is a part of our life. I know it will work out, but I am getting a bit overwhelmed with the details.
Not a great pic, but she loved wearing the goggles around. So silly.
I am swollen, but still adorable covered in stuffed animals.
This is how I roll when Mom and Dad run.
Oh yeah, both fell asleep that day.
Love my men in church, worshiping and learning together.
Happy 9th birthday Holden.
All drugged up before surgery.
Swollen face, but adorable in Ainsley's ears.
I personally think the arm splints are their own little piece of torture. She learned last time how to break free, so they don't last long.
Jen, Mike and I finished a half marathon last weekend. Loved it and had so much fun.
And baby girl loves being outside, just like her siblings. The weather agrees with her. Her smile is amazing and I can't believe how much it has changed in the six and a half months she has been home. We love our little spark plug.










1 comment:
Moving is hard, our thoughts are with you. Hang in there and thanks for the updates and great pictures!
Post a Comment