Saturday, May 11, 2013

May, beautiful May

I love May.  When the weather cooperates, it is the most beautiful time of year.  We all feel like we are emerging from our den where we have been hibernating all winter.  The kids spend hours in the yard, and we finally get to utilize the beautiful parks our city provides.  I love this month.  We have had unseasonably warm weather this past week and I have been soaking it in, spending every spare minute outside.  God is reminding us that even the ugly, cold seasons pass and beauty emerges.  I am trying to remember that in our life right now.  Mike has been working two territories since March.  He has control over his old territory, and he has taken over his new one.  This results is him being gone all week and only home on the weekends.  It is a new and trying time for us.  I remind myself every day that the reason we are doing this is so we can live in an area that will allow him to be home every night.  Sometimes though, that gets lost and I feel like this "season" will last forever.  We have had our house on the market for 2 months.  We have had regular showings, so the house must always be ready to show.  With 5 very busy kids, it feels like my life is in a constant state of frustration, walking behind my living mess makers.  They are amazing at the ability to completely destroy a room, house, yard in the time it takes me to turn around.  I love them so much, and I know they get tired of me constantly saying, don't touch that wall, pick up after yourselves, don't put your feet on the windows.  Sometimes I just start giggling because it is so crazy what damage they can do.  I can't wait until our house is sold and I don't have to feel this way anymore.  It is also testing whether or not I truly believe what I say, when I say, God is in control.  I know he is, but I get overwhelmed by the details, I feel like I have the faith of a feather.  I pray constantly for God to take away my doubt and fear and give me just a tiny bit of faith that ALL things work together for good for those who love Him.  I am realizing how frail and weak I truly am.
Ok done feeling sorry for myself.  I am loving this season in life with the kids.  They are getting so grown up and I am seeing the people they are becoming.  God is so good.  He gave me these precious babies, and on this Mother's Day weekend, I am feeling so blessed.  I love them and I love being a mom.  All the rest of the stuff kind of fades when I remember that.  So thank you God for giving me these crazy little people to hang out with and love and watch turn into the adults You are making them into.
I am heading to the dark side of the state with Mike in about a week to find a place to live and visit a new school for the kids.  I pray God's plan is laid out and we are able to just finalize some things while we are there.  Please pray with me for that.
 Warming up for Bloomsday
 Lunch in the sun and Grace was really into her sandwich
 Watching the parade go by
 Brandt playing his trumpet in his first parade.  It was so fun to go and watch him.
 My silly girls
 Isn't she healing nicely?  She likes to scrunch her nose.
 Showing some "character"
 Love these two
 Holden playing some soccer

 And Wyatt playing some soccer
Post Bloomsday picture

1 comment:

Lindh Family said...

How fun that Brandt is playing trumpet, Jaron will be starting in the fall. Brings back good memories of Rachel learning to play.
Our thoughts are with you as you muddle through this transition phase of your lives. Good luck!