Saturday, June 16, 2012

THE WAIT

Waiting, waiting, waiting.  I have been online a lot lately trying to get a better feel for the trip we will take when we get to go and pick up Grace.  I don't know if it is helping or making it harder.  It is so exciting to follow someone else's journey through the process, but I want to fast forward our journey so we can get to the really good part.  I know it is probably not the best idea, because God teaches us so much in the waiting.  Looking back, I know I am learning to rely on God and His perfect timing.  I am learning to feel thankful for each little thing, like learning that our paperwork has moved forward one step.  I am also learning that the time of waiting can be so painful, and hopeful all at the same time.  I know my baby girl is out there alone without her family, but I know she will be in our family for the rest of her life.  If there is anything I have learned raising our 4, it is that a year and a half can fly by with hardly a notice, so her little life of 16 months will seem so small and insignificant after she has been in our family for the next forever.
So on a more practical note, there is a lot of information out there on what to pack.  I would have never thought of many of the objects on the lists.  We have to get some sort of converter in order to us our iPads with their internet service.  I guess they have more security in place.  There is also discussion about converters and snacks for the kids and so many other things.  I should probably start thinking about it, but I think I am waiting until we hear back from China and get our stuff on its way to the US government.  I know our time line will then be 10-14 weeks.  Plenty of times to get packed.
I am getting ready for my sweet daughter's first ballet recital.  I remember dancing in the recitals, and how special I felt when mom would spend all that time fixing my hair and doing my makeup and making sure I would look my best on stage.  I am hopefully creating some memories for my sweet girl. She had a nice long bath this morning, her hair is up in curlers, and she had a complete mani/pedi courtesy of me.  She seems to be enjoying it.  We are having a low key, watch movies kind of day.  I am loving being the mom of a little girl.  The boys are fun, but it is super special to share girly things with someone.  It will be fun to have Grace to share it with, too.

1 comment:

Lindh Family said...

Psalm 27:14 and Proverbs 3:5 are always helpful for situations such as these. Hang in there, this will seem short, once it is over.