Sunday, July 29, 2012

A little of this and a little of that

Oh so much to comment on today.  We are having a quiet afternoon after getting the kids up at 4:30 to cheer me on at my triathlon.  They were all so sweet and I was thankful to see them on so many different parts of the course.  I also ran into a couple of great friends at the race and had so much fun.  I love the shorter distance triathlons, because at just about the time boredom starts to kick in, it is time for the next portion of the race.  I think I will sign up to do it again next year.  Thanks to my mom, sister and niece who also got up at zero dark thirty to come and cheer me on.  What a great support system I have.










The kids have been enjoying more time in the back yard.  Mike lowered the temp. on our hot tub, so the kids treat it like a swimming pool.

We spent a night in Leavenworth visiting with Mike's extended family.  It was a very nice gathering.  We have never stayed in a KOA, so we were pleasantly surprised with the cute little cabin we got and the fun swimming pool the kids played in.  We enjoyed seeing the family and spending time visiting.  We also got to visit the Soup Cellar in town and found our favorite ice cream place.  The kids checked out the Hat shop as well.








Soup  Cellar
Hat Shop


On the adoption front, we received our I-800 back from the Department of Homeland Security.  We are one step closer to going over and getting our baby girl.  We mailed our Visa application from the big city of Moses Lake on our way to Leavenworth.  It should arrive in San Fran on Monday, and we should be issued visas to travel to China.  We are waiting for a few more steps in China, then they will issue our Travel Approval and tell us to come and get our little girl.  The time seems to be moving right along now that we have more steps taking place.  We are hoping to travel in mid September.

The kids and I spent the week at VBS at our church.  It was exciting to help out and be apart of it.  I was in charge of a group of kids that did not include any of my own.  It was fun to watch my kids from a distance, but I was still a part of what they were doing.  Our church put on a wonderful VBS, and I had a great time.  The kids all enjoyed it, too.

I found the color I wanted to paint the girls' room.  It is a light lavender color.  We will be putting bunk beds in their room and a new dresser for the large amount of clothes two little girls can acquire.  Girl's clothes are so much fun.  It is a weakness for me.  Thankfully I now have someone to pass all Ainsley's cute things on to.

I have only painted 2 walls so far because the only chance I have to paint is after the kids are in bed.  The green is the color I am covering now.  

Brandt is off on an adventure with his best friend this week.  He is camping in Oregon until Thursday.  My week may drag by.  Thankfully, Mike invited us along on one of his work trips, so we will be hanging in the hotel and swimming while he is bringing home the bacon.  I am so fortunate to have such a wonderful husband, and for those of you that don't remember, we officially became husband and wife almost 16 years ago.  Our anniversary is coming up in a couple of weeks.  I am so blessed and loved by my dear husband.  
My number one supporter

The Kelly Krew all decked out in matching t-shirts

An amazing sunset at our house

The kids cherry picking at Green bluff


And Wyatt looked goofy in all of them


Hat Shop


Hat Shop

Hat shop

Mike, Evie and Tim with Auntie Gaye


No comments: