Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Summer

Another trip to the mailbox reveals we are still waiting for the US government to return the most recent of our paperwork.  We have been enjoying our summer, now that we are finally out of the cool June weather and the long wait for our LOA.  I am going to start redecorating the girls room to accommodate 2 instead of just one little girl.  Ainsley is excited and wants a purple bedroom.  I am going to see what I can do.  I will hopefully find the paint I want today, and at least get the project started.  My daughter has started doing the strangest thing.  She likes to empty her drawers onto her bedroom floor.  She is aware of the fact that its not OK, but she has done it twice.  Weird.  The first time, I put it away, and took the opportunity to sort through her clothes.  She hit another growth spurt, so I had some clothes to move.  The second time, I had her return her own clothes to their drawers.  Maybe she will think twice about it now.

Here is my princess girl in the cutest white dress, running the trike through a mud puddle.  So funny.


This picture just demonstrates how long her legs are getting.  She is getting so big.  She still enjoys a break at the coffee shop with daddy.

We have been enjoying time together this month.  Mike has been a bit slow as far as travel goes, so we have been having lots of opportunity to enjoy life.  The kids have been playing in the kiddy pool and kid car wash in the back yard (Dad made if for them last year out of PVC pipe.)  They have been riding their bikes a lot.  And their knees show it.  We are heading to Leavenworth this weekend, and planning a couple of weekends of soccer.  I am heading to MOPS convention, and then the kids head back to school.  This summer has been great, but I can't help but feel we are missing someone.  I can't wait until we have our family home and together.  We miss our daughter and sister.

1 comment:

Lindh Family said...

It's only the end of July and we're looking toward school starting already. I'm stocking up on supplies and hitting the sales. It's amazing how fast it goes some days. Enjoy what's left of the vacation. soon enough the crisp evenings and football games will return. To every thing there is a season...