Monday, August 6, 2012

Getting close

So I sit here looking at the adoption paperwork in my binder.  Ugh.  We are waiting for a letter for the National Visa Center to tell us that our I-800 has been cabled to China.  After that paperwork will be walked into some office in China, and we will wait 2 weeks for that to be picked up.  After that, we will be anxiously waiting for our travel approval.  That wait is again variable.  We are so close, I can almost taste it.  I have started gathering provisions for our trip.  I have a whole plastic container full of medical supplies to meet the possible needs of our daughter.  It includes syringes, and after wondering about them for awhile, I read that if you need medical care for your child in China, you may not be offered sterile syringes, so we will bring our own.  I also have a box of bottles to use to feed our baby specially made for a child with cleft lip and palate.  I have bibs thanks to my sweet sister, and random sized clothing, because we have not had an update on our child since last spring, and it was dated last December.  I guess we will be prepared for whatever we are given.  I know we will be staying in Guangzhou the entire trip since our daughter is in that province.  It eases some of my concerns, because now we won't have to travel around inside China.  I will be flying only on an airline I am very familiar with and staying in the same hotel the whole time.  It is supposed to be a very comfortable hotel.  Now my big unknown is how things will go with Grace.  Praying for a good bonding experience and that she will be healthy when we finally take her in our arms.
We have been crazy busy this August.  We started this weekend with a soccer tournament, a wedding and a trip to the big city (Coulee City) for a family reunion.  We completely exhausted our kids and are paying for it today.  This week, I head to Dallas for MOPS convention.  I am so excited.  It will be a fun time with moms from all over the world.  Sunday, I will be back and will watch the three boys race in a triathlon put on by the YMCA.  Go Kelly boys.  Next week, my two big boys head to church camp.  I will be so sad to see them go, but they will have a great time.  I am also so excited they will be there together.  Brothers are good to have.  Brandt comes back to another soccer tournament, then it is our last full week before the kids head to school.  Where did summer go?  I am not looking forward to letting my boys leave me all day every day.  Ainsley and I will be staying home and working on home school.  She is going to be my prize student :)  I am excited to get the one on one time with her.  I think she will enjoy school work. OK, no pictures this time.  Love you all.

1 comment:

Lindh Family said...

Hope the convention and the races went well. Love reading the updates on your family.