Ok, so I am still struggling with the whole Internet censorship thing here and trying to get pics on the blog. Instead of pushing all the buttons in frustration, I will just update with what I have. I am sitting here next to my sleeping baby girl. She is exhausted. She has been sick since we got her and we were concerned she may have advanced to an ear infection, so we decided to start her on antibiotics so she can start to heal before we take a loooooong plane ride. We are hoping she starts to feel better soon. My victory for today was, she didn't cry when she woke up this morning. She just layed there looking at us. Mike also got to see her grin, but I missed it because I was carrying her. Hopefully the grins will become more frequent soon. She really is starting to relax and get comfortable with us. Right now I am sitting in our room at the Marriott, which could be any Marriott in American, except, this is our view. We are in the heart of a big city in China. It is like nothing I have ever experienced before. I will never be the same.
We went for a walk. I could not upload any more pictures, or I would have shared the market with you. Since coming here, I believe I am vegetarian. The fruits and veggies are amazing, but the meat is frightening!!!! I am eating lots of fruits, veggies and carbs. Pretty sure that will be my diet until we leave. The market was so awe inspiring. The meat was just laying out there for us to examine. There was not a piece of ice or a cooler in site. People were cutting up live chickens right in the market. There were many bits of meat I did not recognize and I am not sure I want to recognize. Obviously this is the way people eat, so they are used to it, but I am not very interested in trying authentic Chinese after seeing that. The rice is good.
1 comment:
Your description of the market makes me laugh. When we took the kids to San Francisco last December they said they wanted traditional Chinese food from Chinatown. They saw the same things you described and decided Panda Express was a much better choice. =) I'm sure no one has died from eating only fruits, veggies and rice and it sure seems safer. Sure hope Grace gets well soon.
Post a Comment