We had a busy day yesterday. I don't have the patience right now to deal with my pictures, so this will just be a brief narrative of our day. The canton trade fair is in town and I think it is severely slowing the Internet here at the hotel. So, I will try and add pictures later possibly. We have some neat pictures to share because we visited a Buddhist temple, a historic house, then of course a place to shop, but it was also a very beautiful display of Chinese arts and crafts. Grace did fine during all of the tours, but screamed on the bus. We are continuing to pray she gets used to being in a vehicle before we start our trip home Wednesday night with a four hour van ride. We imagine her first ride in a vehicle a week ago, when she was being brought to us, wasn't a super experience. We can only guess how it went, but it would have been 5 and 1/2 hours with people that told us the only way to calm her was to lay her down (thankfully not true, she loves being cuddled). Big news from our day though, is that Grace finally smiled at us. Daddy has a way of finding a kid's tickle spot. I didn't think she had any, because she has been so somber since we got her, but last night at dinner, she was really relaxed and dad found the spot under her arm. Her smile is gorgeous. I had given up on seeing her smile for awhile because she is so serious, so it was a wonderful surprise to see. God is amazing and he is showing us the huge impact love has on a person.
We only have two more nights here in Guangzhou, then one in Hong Kong, then we get to come home. I miss home so much. I miss my babies most of all, but I also miss my life. I have a much more global perspective on things now, so I will never be the same. I want to see the result of my changed perspective.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Aww, all it takes is love. I bet she will have so many more smiles to come! Love you guys!
Post a Comment