Here is China, we have a day free of meetings and paperwork, so we are heading to the island famous in adoption circles, Shamian Island. Adoption trips used to center on the island because the medical exam and consulate was located there. Well, they are now in other parts of the city, so the island is quieter. I am kind of craving quieter, so we are going to head there. The hustle and bustle of the city is amazing and interesting, but I crave quiet.
The little miss is changing so much. I look at her gotcha day pictures and can't quite believe how far she has come. She was so scared and overwhelmed. It just makes a mom's heart ache when she can't comfort her precious child. All baby Grace saw was strangers. She also was sick in the car ride in, and she was coming down with a cold. Needless to say, she was not happy. Now she will sit quietly and just look around. She enjoys being touch and is learning how to be held. Initially her arms and legs would flail like a newborn, but now she grabs me around the neck like she doesn't want to let go. I love it.
There are a couple of beautiful parks we have enjoyed walking in. We are next to a koi pond full of hundreds of large koi.
The goat statue is the symbol of the city and at the center of the park. It was quite a hike up a lot of stairs, but it was pretty cool when we got there.
This is a man in the park playing a hand saw. He played Jingle bells for us. The picture below looks like Grace was wondering where her daddy went. Silly girl.
Well enough rambling. Now I will get to the part I know you all enjoy. The pictures.
3 comments:
She is the most beautiful baby girl! What an amazing journey. How wonderful to know that she will grow up learning about Jesus with such a loving family. Brenna and Kate would love for ALL your family to come out and stay in Snohomish again. We pray for a safe journey home.
The koi pond picture is great. Keep enjoying those opportunities to see her birth land, the parks look beautiful.
She is beautiful! It has been fun to follow your blog. Once you get home and settled, I would love to meet her!
Post a Comment