Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tuesday night.

May I begin by saying my blog has issues. Because of the many steps we have to take to get through the Chinese security, I can only do what I can do. I know you all just want pictures anyway, so here are a few. Hopefully I will be able to get more after I finish this post. 
This is baby Grace on day 2. We are trying to teach her to feed herself, hence the puff on my nose. From her expression, obviously she thinks her mama is crazy ;) .
She really seems to enjoy eating solids. She has never eaten them before. She has lived solely on formula mixed with rice cereal. Probably why she is 20 months old and only weighs 17 pounds.
This picture is taken at the civil affairs office after she officially became our daughter. She was snuggled right in. It is not like holding any other baby I have ever held. She has no idea how to be held. I am keeping her close to teach her, but we realize it will take time.


This is baby Grace on gotcha day with daddy and I and the three ladies that brought her 5 1/2 hours from her orphanage. Two of the women are nannies and the other is director of the orphanage. Grace was car sick and managed to catch cold on her way in as well as getting 4 molars right now. Needless to say, she has had a rough time. We are loving on her constantly and we see slight changes. We pray she continues to get used to us and starts to receive our love.









1 comment:

Lindh Family said...

Thank you so much for updating, even with all the problems, it is so appreciated back here. Wow, how amazing is this journey you are on! This will (obviously) be quite an adjustment to her but I'm sure she'll come out better for it. Good luck!